DESIGN & BUILD
Recording Studio Design & Build
Our recording studio design, build and acoustics team have many years experience in the trade, servicing Recording, Post Production, Broadcast, TV, Education, Live Performance and Home Theatre markets. We work in the private, commercial, and public sectors for composers, to world renowned studios, artists and universities. We have the expertise to guide your project from concept to completion. Our studio design and build services include:
Premises Appraisal, Noise Survey
- Providing advice concerning the suitability of a Client’s intended premises in spatial, structural and acoustic terms.
- Measurement and appraisal of ambient noise and vibration levels.
- Trouble-shooting existing acoustic interiors.
- Establishing construction methods appropriate for the Client’s brief, the site conditions, and acoustic isolation requirements. These will range from simple acoustically damped rooms, to those with fully ‘floated’ isolation shells and full room acoustic treatment.
- Providing initial sketch layouts, and preliminary cost estimates.
Architectural and Acoustic Design
- Providing comprehensive Architectural, Interior and Acoustic design, including lighting design and the full integration of technical and air-conditioning services within the acoustic interiors.
- Specification of acoustic materials and, where appropriate, of proprietary acoustic treatment elements.
Drawings and Presentation
Preparing design drawings, including, where required, 3-D visualisation, and fly-through presentations.
Preparing fully detailed production drawings and information, sufficient for the realisation of the project by a suitably skilled construction team, working under specialist supervision.
Processing and obtaining requisite approvals in the following categories:
Town Planning, Listed Buildings, Building Regulations, regulations specific to educational establishments, fire protection and means of escape, Health and Safety (CDM).
Advising on structural alteration, the formation of new openings. Providing the required design and calculation.
Air Conditioning Design
Preparation of system performance specifications. System design, and integration of the system with the acoustic and interior designs.
Construction and Fit-out
Full construction and Fit-out services by our own teams, including air conditioning and electrical services.